Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Second Wedding of the Season



On September 22, Dan and Maria were betrothed in mawage.... and mawage was what bwought us togevah that day. It was the most perfect weather 80 degrees and sunny with the dusting of the first fall leaves (Makes me jealous.) There was much anticipation in the air for.... drum roll please... the Kiss. It was successful and some would say "hot"... sorry, Maria, if you are reading this, you are also blushing... Love was in the air. And we were so excited to marry off yet another one of our friends. The wedding, the bride, the groom were beautiful and mysterious (my brother's verbose addition to the sentence.) For me it was the final culmination of my 4 month stress of my promise to "make the wedding cake... and use fondant!" I regretted my promise from time to time worrying that having a baby would keep me from creating a cake worthy of wedding perfection... but in the end, I was proud of my design and my flower arranging. The design was meant to match the save the date and invitations and while it wasn't an exact match I confidently say that for once- I did not judge my cake harshly and I was actually quite proud of my accomplishment. Thanks guys for giving my the opportunity to show case this hidden ability of mine. It was really fulfilling to have this part in the wedding. And after running around finishing the cake and chasing my baby around.. I found time to eat, fellowship and have a few laughs with friends. It was a great day and I know God is going to bless these guys. Congratulations Dan and Maria!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are awesome, Becky, and your cake looks FABULOUS!! Yummmmm... ;)