Sunday, November 25, 2007

HAS IT REALLY BEEN A YEAR?


Once upon a time my Cailen was a little tiny baby and now... SHE'S ONE YEAR OLD!!! So we threw her a big shabang Elmo style. Complete with most attendees wearing a red shirt. My menu for the day was based on Sesame Street people or places.... We had "Dorothy Crackers" (goldfish crackers), Rosita's Mexican dip, Mr. Hooper's Fruit Stand platter where the veggies attempted to look like Elmo, Zoe and Oscar; then we had Oscar's Garbage Bread, Cookie Monster's Letter of the Day Cookies, Mr. Noodle's Pasta and of course an Elmo's worldish cake made by moi. Thankfully my hubbie did last minute house cleaning, my mom brought the mex dip, Amanda P helped with last minute food prep and my bro & Kiersten got balloons filled and did a wonderful job fulfilling my vision for the decorations... The party was fun in my opinion... I really had a great time. It was really fun celebrating my "little nut" Cailen. She was very into everything that was going on, loved the decor, played with the kids, loved her new toys, I loved her new clothes. She managed to actually separate herself from me and be involved in her event. I actually kinda missed her she was being so independent *sigh* She wasn't ALL smiles and giggles, at times she looks lost in thought and slightly overwhelmed, but she held it together despite such a big event revolving around her. After the crazy amount of dessert she ate, she definately cracked a few smiles though. I was really happy with the party, I hope she and everyone else was too. :)








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that you are the most amazing cake maker ever ! and the characters out of veggies... is so creative and all I can say is WOW.. wish I could do things like that!!
Great job Becky!!
Love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Looks like you really pulled it off! WOW! Great idea with all the food. I wish we could have been there, I'm sure we would have had a great time celebrating Sesame St. style!
Happy 1st Bday Cailen!

Anonymous said...

Holy COW! You are AMAZING. The veggie tray was RIDICULOUSLY cool! You should be a professional party-maker. :) BTW, congrats on being preggers! When are you due?

Love you ~ Paige

Jacqs said...

I can't believe I didn't comment before now. I meant to.

That cake!?! Ridiculous. Your over-the-top party? CRAZY! You are absolutely insane! And your family is all the more blessed because of that!