For months Riley has lovingly named her sister....RILEY. She has even nicknamed her more casually as "Ri" and "RiRi" which is funny since we don't even call HER "RiRi." She used to call Cailen "Tay" for a month or so short for "Tayen." Occassionally she tests out her current abilities to say "Taylen" but for now, she's much more comfortable calling her sister by her own name...It gets confusing for this mom....As if you don't call your kids the wrong name already...Now it seems everyone is Ri!
Me: tickling Riley's belly, I ask "Is this Riley's belly?" she annoyingly exclaims "NO! it's MINE!!"...thinking I've claimed it as her sisters... :/
Watching a hamster going through a maze on tv for a moment. (Don't ask what was on! I think it was an ESPN commercial?) Riley says: "Mommy it's a doggie!"
Me: "A doggie? I think that's a hamster."
Ri: "It's a mouse doggie!"
:)
A couple of days later...a squirrel is walking through the yard. "Mommy look at the...the...doggie?"
Me: "that's a squirrel." (Normally Riley's high pitched voice would question "That's a squirrel?"--mind you she knows what a squirrel is...)
Instead Ri: "That's a doggie mouse!!"
whatever. ;)
If the train goes by, whether we are indoors or outdoors, if Ri notices she will grab everything she is playing with, drinkies, you name it and run to me telling me the "choo choo is going to get my___" whatever she's playing with...*siiiiigh*
When Cailen was learning her alphabet she called them her "EFG's" but Riley calls them her "AB-AB's." For a while all she sang was AB-AB off tune over and over again. Twinkle Twinkle was more like "Fwanko Fwanko" repeatedly. Cailen used to sing "up on donut in the sky" but Riley's version is coming along quite nicely....generally now it's something like "twinko twinko yitta dar how i wondah yitta sdar...up above the wor- so high yitta dar."
The other day on a walk both girls were singing their own versions of Twinkle and it almost came out as a round...almost in harmony at times...( I think, I've been told I'm tone deaf. ;) People across the street heard them and smiled, it was quite a special moment listening to them sing together.
Ri trying to jump: One foot steps forward the other walks on tip toes....I try to help her bounce on a trampoline...SAME foot stance!! What a silly.
Ri instead of saying "hold me!!" she tells me "I wanna howd you!" One day while sitting in her high chair she told me in a sing song fashion "I wanna howd you, I wanna howd you, I wannnaaaa Hoooooooowd yooooooou!" It was very sweet. It melts my heart and makes me wish she never stops saying it. Though while she screamed "mommy i wanna howd you!!" in the church nursery yesterday I'm pretty sure it didn't warm the teacher's hearts as much as it did mine. *blushes* sorry ladies!
Back in the day when she cried for me....well, when she wanted me but was being babysat, she would cry her own name, which apparently was easier for those watching her to take than to hear her sorrow for the missing mommy. :)
If you have ever watched DORA the Explorer...The character Swiper always says "Awww MAAN!!" and I don't know when Riley picked this up, probably after the first 1-3 times of seeing the show she would say for every occassion "Aaaawww MeeeAAANnnnn! Notta dean!" (not again!) She's sooo silly and dramatic. Perhaps she will be an actress.
No comments:
Post a Comment