Sunday, January 25, 2009

About my two growing girlies.


A little update: things are going well. The girls are growing so quickly!

Riley: began this past month standing up holding onto couches and tables...she's been crawling since 6 months old... She's got two bottom teeth. She's eating all kinds of healthy foods and there's nothing she's refused yet, not even peas. She says MaMA and Dada...and babbles on about countless other things. She's officially "sofa surfing." Yesterday, she decided that she was a big girl enough to stand and NOT hold onto anything several times. So here's my cool little 8 month old standing around in the middle of the floor holding a toy with two hands acting all grown up (not in this picture obviously)...How does time escape us so quickly?

I anticipate she will walk by nine months as Cailen did. So far she's at the same schedule of learning if not slightly ahead on some things! She officially chases the cat around and follows Cailen to where she's playing. She will stand up holding Cailen's kitchen set and try her best to play with her. I didn't realize this time would come so soon when they would actually play together. It's awesome!

Unfortunately in Riley's haste to become an independent standing baby, on thursday, she was holding Cailen's wooden chair one handed and fell sideways, face first into the front of the chair...She cut her lip and ripped open her top gum exposing half of the front of the top tooth that had just been beginning to cut through the gum that morning....That was quite traumatic for me (and only slightly for her! She only cried like 45 seconds...) and very bloody. She seems to be healing quickly and the Doctor says it should be fine....*phew*

Cailen is a little ham. She dances and sings. She's got her alphabet song just about perfected. She can count to ten. She constantly invents new songs to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle. She is so wonderful to her baby sister and has really been very big about sharing with her. She does need redirection at times but she so proudly changes her disposition and will hand a toy to Riley and say "Look Riley share!" They love to tumble together on the floor. Just when I think Cailen may be too rough in laying on her or whatever Riley is laughing hysterically. (Obviously they still need to be monitored with that!) One of the things we love is when Cailen says to Riley "Rirey YOU ['RE] FUNNY!" and they laugh together...such sillies they are. Last night Cailen saw a 3/4 moon picture and said "Look the moon is broke!"

She was calling my mom "MOM" and me mommy or mama. Now, she calls my mom "Drammy" and me "MOM." It seems like it's not my name and I feel like I have to correct her...I guess I am indeed mom though. She is starting to say people's name and make friends and warm up to people so much faster than she used to which is a very good thing.

After all the b'day parties we've been to these days she sings "Happy TO YOU, Drianna!" all the time, even though it was Elena, not Adrianna that had a party recently. :)

It seems Cailen sees Riley as her peer now. If we refer to Riley as a baby she corrects us and says "No Rirey, Baby Ben."

This past week we (me, kris and Cailen) came down with the stomach bug...in the following days I would ask Cailen if she was feeling okay and she would pull up her shirt a little to show me her belly and say "No, Ein all bedduh!" (I'm all better!) It was very cute and I loved that she thought she had to show me her belly to get that point accross.

I bought Cailen two $1 target bin tutus and a princess sleeping bag and now Cailen loves princesses. We never purposely got her into princesses but as I look around the house there is SO MUCH DISNEY PRINCESS stuff! toothpaste, boots, plates, crayons, it's crazy! It's very cute though to see her get into girly things and wear the tutus and dance around with them....So fun having daughters :)

I am eagerly anticipating spring. I can't wait to take them out for walks and to the park. In the sunshine and fresh air with two little girls to play together. What could be more fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.. they are growing so fast.. and they both are beautiful girls.. each one unique
developing their own personalities right before your eyes.. enjoy them.. enjoy this time and savor every moment!