Saturday, May 09, 2009

My doughy little chumby munchkin


Oh my goodness. I just love Riley. God is good. I never would have planned on having a second child yet, but God knew. I wouldn't give her back for anything. She is just such a ball of cheer and love and giggles. I love her laugh and her goofy grin. I love her adventurousness. I love the way she loves her big sister. I love that she perks up when she hears the train and she will repeat when you say "choo choo." Though she doesn't want to spend an excessive amount of time on daddy's lap, she always, when he gets home, walks to the door with her arms outstretched and quietly waits for him to pick her up and give her hugs and kisses. It's really heart warming. That's really what she is to me. She just warms my heart. I love her so much.

The smell in the air, the summery rain, the greens and flowers growing, it's all somehow bringing me back to the day I went to the hospital to have Riley. I love the memory of being at St. Clares. The people were so wonderful. The whole thing was really so magical and wonderful. To have my Cailen become a big sister as I became a mommy of two girls... There was even a rainbow the day I went to the hospital. I'm beginning to remenisce and look back with so much happiness in my heart. I love having Riley in my life. I can't believe in a couple of weeks we'll be celebrating her first birthday.

I love Cailen so much too obviously. My last post was dedicated to Cailen so I thought I'd write about Riley here.

Honestly, Mother's Day...is just a day to remember how very blessed I am to be a mom. Thank you Lord for both of my beautiful girls. :)

No comments: