The day started off drab and promising of rain. I saw water dripping from the eves outside the church window. I thought our 3 weeks in the making plan was doomed, but by the time church was out, the clouds had cleared. We would meet BahBuh and Yaya
and get them out of a few hours of studying, to participate in our fourth year of tradition. Cailen and Riley have both been apple picking since they were in utero. This was Cailen's "fourth" year and Riley's "third." Crazy since Ri is only 17 months old and Cailen is not yet 3...But the reality is they have been on this earth long enough to say they were here. :]
Caillou was picking apples on tv this week and Cailen actally asked me if we could go apple picking. Little did she know the plans had already been made for this weekend. She was pretty excited about it. Riley was pretty excited that there were "nummies" all over the ground. I had to keep an eye out that she wasn't eating them off the ground while I was trying to take my celebratory pictures. :)
Well it was a fun afternoon and we all came home with a bag of apples each. 3 in total. Yikes!
We picked Kendalls this year. It struck me as funny that I almost wanted to name Riley that, until I heard a woman in a store calling to her daughter Kendall and I didn't really like how it sounded.
I thought this was sweet....
No comments:
Post a Comment