She melts me, as she always has. One of the things she has grown to love in the past year, besides Caillou, Curious George and Clifford, is PRINCESSES. Any Barbie is "Princess Barbie" to her and of course there's the marketed on EVERYTHING Disney Princesses. So, I guess naturally she would begin to love all things princess as all things for her age group seem to have princesses on them! Anyway, since her first two b'day parties were kind of gender neutral, I figured it would be nice to have a girly party instead of say celebrating with Caillou, though she would have loved that as well.
Cailen got a tutu, head-dress and wand as an early in the party gift (from Melody) that she wore the whole time. I love it! It made for great pictures.
Being on a tight budget I tried to think how I could make the party more "dazzling" and princess-like and somehow, one day I had the thought to turn the toy room into a mini "ball room" at least in it's decor. So for free, using icicle and blinking xmas lights, hand- me-down lace and frilly blue curtains, faux ivy and flowers I transformed the toy room into a little girl's...dream toy room?...I don't know.
So anyway, I made the cake,
I decorated for 3 days, it snowed all day the day of the party (which had me freaking out that I would have to cancel the party). Thank you to all who braved the storm!! There was a Christmas parade in town going past my house during the party which the girls watched through the window-good times! The little princess guests all came in a princess dress of their own, there were crowns and bead necklaces to share.
I'm so happy that Cailen loved her party. She STILL talks about it and I know someday she will love the pictures...Or at least I HOPE she does. I love the pictures, and of course as usual, I loved having an excuse to use some creativity. Happy Birthday to my Cailen. I love you! You are an amazing little girl!
1 comment:
I'm so glad the "princess skirt" etc. worked out. The girls all look gorgeous, and so does the cake and the enchanted ballroom (wait, what's it called?). Great party!
Post a Comment