So now that I'm in my 28th week of pregnancy I am finding more and more that I feel light headed/dizzy/breathless. "What to expect when you are expecting" seems to find this normal although they mentioned as I had already suspected anemia could be the reason. The baby is getting all the important nutrition first and I get the leftovers. With people like me, who still have morning sickness this will most likely occur because not all of our nutrition gets to stay down in our stomachs. So I went to the grocery store yesterday, I was on the hunt for some vitamin'ish foods. Although a serving of GOYA black bean soup has 25% iron, it does a number on my stomach, but I did find a close alternative... (drum roll please...) Dried pitted plums! (not to be confused with prunes, although do prunes come from plums?) The brand I bought has 20% iron in 1/4 cup serving and they really don't taste bad. They are just REALLY sticky. I bought broccoli, carrots, spinach, tomato, grapes, pears... and I've actually eaten a lot of it. And I have been cutting down on the sugary junk food though not all together. Hopefully with better nutrition I will feel less dizzy and more able to function around the house and at work.
I went to the dentist today. I was really excited because my old dentist disappeared and i haven't been in 3 1/2 -4 years... My crowded teeth on the bottom have always had a brown stain on the inside and outside which the old dentist ALWAYS mentioned but only suggested a second round of braces. This dentist today surprised me though. She used an "ultrasonic" noisy, scrapy, water pick thing that much to my glee took off all of the brown stains on my bottom teeth that have been ticking me off for the past 10 years!!!! They are gone, inside and out, I am in total shock. I can't believe I haven't had a dentist who did this before, and it was part of a normal cleaning. What the heck? So, anyway, I am happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment