I got called in to work this morning, which was fine because I got to sleep until 8am. I had time to shower, put MAKE-UP on (for once) and "style" my bangs more than usual. I thought, today will be a breeze. I walked into work with good spirits.
I got to work at 9:30am, and by oh... 9:45am I was complaining to Jeremy that I was having "hot flashes" not in the real sense, but I'm always drinking water while working or eating ice so I don't drink too much just to try to maintain my temperature. I was taking an order for my only table of 4... and thought... boy would I like to sit down to take this order. I was out of breath just asking "What kind of cheese would you like on that?" My heart racing. I survived, turned in the order, and soon a lady came in for a strawberry smoothie to go. Piece of cake right? Wrong!
I stood waiting for crushed ice to dispence... wooh... *sigh*... too much work...
Jeremy came from the kitchen: "You need anything?" I said "Yeah, air conditioning" (Mind you I think the high temp of the day was 70 degrees or so...) He chuckled and walked away... I moved the fridge and promptly turned on the A/C in the breaker box... the smoothie making couldn't proceed until I had A/C. I poured the ice in the blender.... breathed in heavily... got the juice and milk... poured it in... breathed heavily-er... thought "Am I really supposed to pour smoothie mix and strawberries into this seemingly "towering" blender??!!? My shoulder/back muscles were tightening up, it was getting overwhelming just thinking about lifting my arm again to pour something into the blender... I was seeing black spots... my hands didn't seem connected to my brain... they were merely floating in front of me.... I turned on the blender and leaned over the counter with a huge sigh... My customer asked "Are you okay?" I wandered toward the kitchen and mumbled to Jeremy "can you ring her out, I think I'm going to pass out..." I sat on the kitchen floor for 15-20 minutes?... sweating, weak and frustrated with my condition. (Jeremy later said I looked white as a sheet).... just when I thought I might be getting better, I thought "Uh, oh... I think I may get sick." But now I had to get my weary pregnant frame UP off the floor and run to the bathroom. But there was no time... I got up, ran... yeah,... like I said... there was no time... (sorry about the details to come) Mouth now "full" of... my former breakfast ... no time to get to the bathroom anymore... pushing the garbage can to the back of the kitchen.... Mouth now fuller.... Must get away from Jeremy and the food!!!.... I must push the garbage can to the back of the kitchen quicker!!!!!!! next thing I know I'm getting sick in the back of the kitchen... Jeremy quietly excused himself from my presence to go ... grind coffee... good choice for white noise....to ... drown me out.... Ah, how embarassing. Today was probably the worse "episode " of my pregnancy thus far... Just the thought that I may pass out on the floor of my job and potentially wake up to find EMT's hovering over me in an ambulance or something.... I don't know... Not good...
As usual, once my stomach emptied itself, I felt better. It's so weird. I don't get it.
Later on in the day, Jeremy's mom was sitting at the counter in the stream of air from the A/C & she said 'Boy it's cold in here why do you have the A/C on??' Jeremy just pointed his comically accusing finger at me repeatedly, "glaring" at me out of the corner of his eyes. I confessed, "It was me! I had an episode!" I am here to say, that I am so glad we are coming into cooler weather and fall, as my pregnancy will soon be in full bloom. I don't think I could handle being 8-9 months pregnant in July....
No comments:
Post a Comment