Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Shower



ll





Sunday was my eagerly, anticipated baby shower! I was blessed to have many wonderful friends and family gather around me to celebrate the quickly approaching arrival of my little baby. I was also blessed to come home with a station wagon full of wonderful gifts to pamper our baby with.

Not only did we receive presents from those who were there, but we were amazed by some gifts that showed up from people who couldn't be there... Namely, Charlene who sent a very large and heavy box full of fun and nice things all the way from Rochester! (you rock Charlene)... she sent a scrapbook, a bunny, pj's, lots of kids books, and teething toys, and a box dedicated to... I think Kris? from perhaps her husband Chris?... The box was a diaper changing survival kit, complete with diapers, wipes, air freshener, small garbage bags, GLOVES, clothes pins (to use as nose plugs I presume), and a book called THE POO BOMB. Written by a father about all of the unexpected things he's encountered as a new dad. Kris has already had a ton of laughs reading this book.

We also got a little bit of everything: clothes, stuffed animals and toys, books, bath time gear, bedding, bottle warmers, a pack and play, money for a video camera,.... etc. I don't know how much people who go to showers as a spectator enjoy the events... usually you are forced into playing games that make you feel awkward (here people had to taste test baby food and guess the flavors--as you can see, Kris showed up a bit too early and had to taste too!) but I know for me it was a great time and I really was overjoyed and grateful for everyone who came, everyone who couldn't be there but sent their regards/gifts, and for everything that I have gotten to sit on my living room floor and sort out while dreaming of soon using all of these cute little items with my new baby...

*sigh*

what will she look like in all these outfits?.... how soon will she grow into them or out of them?... how long will these 7 packs of newborns diapers last? ...( maybe a week? *grin*) Was the ultrasound doctor correct in saying she was a girl? (we only have about 2 gender neutral items of clothing....) Everything around us is now pink, which is great..... as long as she's not a HE. Anyway, thank you all for coming and sending your love and gifts... our baby will be blessed to know you all. I can't wait for you all to meet HER.... *please be a HER*Please by a HER* Please be a HER*....

The shower was put on by my mom and Felice and they did a wonderful job. Thanks SOOOO much!! I know it's a lot of hard work.

1 comment:

The Baxxterr Gallery said...

Don't you look cute!