Wednesday, August 20, 2008

At the Doc's today

Riley had her wellness exam today. She's in the 95th percentile for everything. She is a whoppin' 14 pounds 15 ounces so by tomorrow she will most likely be an even 15 lbs at the rate she's growing!....She got her first set of vaccines today. My ears and my heart forgot the cry of my own little baby getting shots...Oh how awful it is to hear that cry! It was such a pained cry I had never heard Riley utter....*Ugh!*

Tonight she is very touchy. It's clear that her chubby little legs are in a lot of discomfort. I hope I can handle the potential emotional rollercoaster that I may ride with the two girls tonight. Normally daddy's been putting Cailen to bed so there isn't the "I'm tired-jealousy." Tonight, I have to put them both to bed. Anyway, Riley is otherwise healthy.

It may sound cruel, but if you saw the way she wakes up in the morning I just have to say that she's just "fat and happy." I used to work in the bakery at Hannaford and they have this thing called a proofer. They put the Italian bread dough in there so it will quickly rise in a warm and humid environment. When I go to change Ri out of her jammies in the morning her doughy little legs are so warm from being bundled up in her footed jammies all night and her chubby little warm legs remind me of the dough balls fresh out of the proofer, rising in the warm environment. Her face as she stretches and cracks the first smile of the day is priceless. She looks half confused and pleasantly elated that she is opening her eyes to another wonderful day. Her face pulls into her double chin and her dimples shine as she curls her dimpled knuckles into fists and stretches her arms up in the air. She looks so happy to wake up every morning. It is so cute. And being the warm gushy dough ball she is....I think she looks, as I said, fat and happy. I love her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings about this Beck....you have given me two strange thoughts. 1. You made me want a nice big loaf of bread fresh from the oven. 2. I want to give Ri a big "gooey" hug. I feel wrong somehow because oven's and babies done jive well. Thanks....I guess.

Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings about this Beck....you have given me two strange thoughts. 1. You made me want a nice big loaf of bread fresh from the oven. 2. I want to give Ri a big "gooey" hug. I feel wrong somehow because oven's and babies done jive well. Thanks....I guess.

Anonymous said...

I think this is why folks are known to say, "Oh I could eat you up!" Babies just have a way of making us want to give them a nice squeeze...especially chubby ones!

~A fellow cringer when the baby gets their first shots