Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August attitudes...

This month has been really nice. The "morning sickness" that I had in the form of serious nausea and lack of appetite for 2 weeks came and went. Just when I was getting nervous that the whole pregnancy would be awful, I started getting better and I'm thinking this pregnancy COULD be more pleasant than the last two in that regard. :)

The girls have kind of hit a new level of playing together soooo nicely. They were practically model citizens for a couple weeks.
I was so impressed and relieved that they had matured, enjoyed playing together and were getting along without little spats practically all day.

I moved their bedrooms to an independent room that is no longer connected to ours. Talk about mile stones, for me and the girls. When I was rearranging, Cailen was so happy to hear it would be there new space she started singing "It's a special day..."
The first 3 nights in their new room have gone fairly well. Cailen has become such a big girl, constantly reminding me of how much she is growing "bigger and bigger." She will need 5T pants this year and she's not even 4!! Stop growing little girl! :(
*Currently Cailen and Ri are playing play doh together and Cailen is constantly updating me on the number of "candy balls" she has for the "candy ball festival." I love that girl's imagination! :)

Riley though wonderful, snuggly fun and adorable has been throwing kinks in the machine with some new quirks she's developing.
(Just when I THOUGHT I figured out how to deal with her 2 year old behaviors.)
The "I was going to get it!!" thing where she falls to pieces if I try to hand her something. And the "mommy went in another room, she delays following me, I see her half way to me on my way back and she falls to pieces because she wanted to come and get me-thing"....It's getting old. Hopefully with a little redirection, since backtracking only plays the "game" and doesn't make her happy anyway, we'll be back on track and nip those habits in the bud quickly.
But in all reality, she and Cailen are just awesome little girls.

The girls are excited about the baby and have decided they now want a boy. Kris is happy with their change of heart. My girl's personalities really go so well together at this point. I couldn't ask for better little friends. *Cailen knew Riley was nervous on the bouncy bounce so she held her hand the whole time until she felt comfortable going on her own-what a great big sister*
*update: Cailen is up to "one mill...millyon? candy balls!"* (she's quite excited, I'm not sure how she counted that high, I swear it didn't take me THAT long to type this!)

Today....Cailen pulls cheese out of the fridge, jelly jar falls on both her and Riley's toes. Cailen shows me her pinky toe I say "you hurt your baby?" Ri puts her foot up, points to her big toe and says "I hurt my mommy."

The other night Riley came in and asked daddy "where's my sister "Ri"?...where's my best friend Cayen?"

I love those two little girls and I can't wait to see what bringing another little personality into the mix adds to this family! :) I am so blessed.

This link is to a few month's old home video that I just love...It is the essence of my little nutty girls. :)

1 comment:

Dee said...

Awesome :)