Monday, August 09, 2010

The Brew


I might have mentioned earlier that I have a pesky cabbage moth visiting my broccoli. Well, as many times as I have sprayed it with the hose or tried to swat it to smithereens with my flip flop- SHE LIVES!!!

So my friend gave me this recipe to ward off the evil cabbage moths and hopefully any larvae they may have already left behind there.

One onion and
6 cloves of garlic (all diced)
1 Tb chili powder
1 Tb baby shampoo (organic is best)
Soak over night in a quart of water, strain out the chunks the next day and sprinkle this anti-vampire-cabbage-moth brew over the broccoli (or any cabbage related plant) and hopefully the moth won't lay eggs and the larvae won't destroy all of the plants!

So I chopped the onions first, put them in the bucket, then proceeded to pound the garlic under a butcher knife on the same cutting board. The pounding of the garlic sent the onion juice flying up at me thus making me blind as if I had been pepper sprayed. Good times. This better be worth it!!! :)

I'll keep you posted as to how it works!

No comments: