Ri getting ready for a Toy Story party. She chose to be Ham, the piggy bank.
Ri has become the resident singer in the house, often found singing the "oopsy boopsy spider come down the wall." She knows the real version, but prefers her own. She and Cailen have both learned "Jesus loves me" and it's just so sweet to hear them sing it together. Ri's version is "yes, Jesus YUV me." She melts me.
Ri has become the resident singer in the house, often found singing the "oopsy boopsy spider come down the wall." She knows the real version, but prefers her own. She and Cailen have both learned "Jesus loves me" and it's just so sweet to hear them sing it together. Ri's version is "yes, Jesus YUV me." She melts me.
Yesterday Ri said clear as day: STUPENDOUS! (Thank you NickJr. for that big word!) ;)


Cailen was Jesse from Toy Story for the party.
Cailen, when at the public pool, after one day with her floating vest clinging to me, has become a fish who independent wants to wander away and explore the waters now that she has learned to purse her lips shut while swimming around. If she gets a face full of water she doesn't panic like she used to. I think next year she'll be ready for swim lessons. I'm so proud of her. If I'm too clingy to her she will confidently tell me "I can do it mom!" and she does. She was also able to test her ability in a lake without the floaty vest. She certainly noticed the difference of floatation ability, but that didn't keep her from trying on her own. I was so proud and amazed at her confidence.
Here she is enjoying the mud on the beach after her own little swimming practice in the lake.
The girls can play with each other all day long and turn anything big/small into a mommy/baby conversations played out in the highest pitched voices possible. Big and little marker suddenly become "mama" and "babes" talking to each other, big and little shoes.... whatever. Who needs doll toys anyway? Not these two! They are quite the best friends. The other day Kris was listening to the girls play and he heard Cailen suggest some blueberries to Riley "Castles are KNOWN to have blueberries" she told her....So mature sounding. So funny.
When we told the girls that we were going to have a baby, Cailen and Riley were both convinced that we were going to have and could ONLY have a girl. They wanted a sister. Names suggested were Sally, or cucumber, or lamp, or "Meeno" (Tomato)....Daddy begged and begged for a boy. Cailen's stern reply was always "No! I want a girl!" but a couple weeks later, Cailen has accepted Daddy's longing for a boy and has said that if we have a boy she will still love him. Riley though says "We can name him Sally." Either way, I told the girls that I can't make the baby a girl, but that God was into the details of making the baby. So thankful for that. Without God's Knitting Hands, I would not want to be on my own making another human being.
So, as baby number 3 is on the way. Week 10 brought major nausea and two actual sickness episodes. I have found that peppermint candies really help keep my stomach at bay. Ginger did nothing for me. Lots of wasted money that week on ginger and sea bands. :/ Nausea always reminds me that the process of nurturing a newly forming baby is no easy task and my body is constantly at work. It's simply amazing and I can't wait to meet this little person baking away in the "oven." I'm trying to be thankful for my nausea as much as is humanly possible, but if you find me complaining, please forgive me, I'm human!
My garden, that I started with seeds in egg shells is flourishing...I must take a picture. I have tended to that thing everyday since I started, I've learned so much, and now I'm just waiting for my harvest!! :)
I can't think of much else to say, though I know there have been so many things I've wanted to write down....Where did it all go??
No comments:
Post a Comment