Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A day in the sun


Yesterday was the Hannaford 125 anniversary picnic in Schodack. Unfortunately, not a lot of people came. It was a bit tough for me at times trying to juggle taking care of my girls while Kris played volleyball. I would be nursing Ri, with my cover on and Cailen didn't want the cover on me so she'd try to rip it off me, when I protested, she cried, as we disturbed Riley's nursing Riley would cry...fortunately, Kris would take breaks to help. On this particular break he decided to pour a bit of water on Cailen's head...she seemed a bit shocked at first, then he poured more and more, next thing you know he's shooting the water in her face. I kept thinking she would cry but after the initial shock there was always a shriek of delight followed by hysterical giggles. Then we noticed a spigot @ the V'ball pole so we let her play in that. If Kris turned it off to play v'ball she'd shriek "dada!" while sighing "please" for more water.It was lots of fun to watch...there are more pics of this on my facebook so come on by!

The park had at least 5-6 peacocks, a swan and some....quails??? Cailen loved to see them. She signed "bath" to tell me that the swan in the pond was bathing...After we left the peacocks Cailen sang "duckie,duckie,duckie..." to her version of the tune to the alphabet....ok, i typed all this w/ one hand gotta go before i get carpal elbow pit....

1 comment:

Jacqs said...

I'm amazed that you typed this all with one hand! I know what that's like and give you super kudos (or something cheesy like that!)

You rock!