Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sweet sisters

Right now I find that I am changing even more diapers than usual as Cailen keeps making me change her baby doll's diaper over and over and over!!! I think Riley has used up about 100 diapers or more and she's only been home for 2 weeks. God help us.

Cailen is seeming to adjust and become more and more caring for Riley. She seldom says "Hi" to anyone though she is able but all day long she goes up to Riley and in a sweet high pitched little voice she says "HI!"

Today Riley was sleeping in the car seat in the kitchen while I was cooking. Cailen left the room, got the box of diaper wipes and plopped them down next to Riley. I was about to ask her what she was doing when I realized that Riley had a small amount of spit up on her mouth. I believe Cailen was on her way fix it for Riley. So I gave Cailen a piece of a wipe and told her she could wipe it up. She looked at me all nervous and then completed her helpful task. It was really sweet.
She loves to pat Riley's back when it's time to burp her. She's always kissing her or making her kiss her cheek.

Cailen's first attempt to use her sign language with Riley was priceless. She signed blanket for her since she was wrapped in one. Then she took Riley's hand to sign eat. As Riley was now waking up from this big sister's attention, Riley stretched her arms in the air to wake up and my little sign language interpreter assumed Riley was trying to sign stars... So Cailen proudly waved her hands in the air and said "Daaahr!" which is what she sounds like when she says "Stars!" I said, "Yes, Riley does a good job signing stars too huh Cailen?"

Life is beginning to seem quite normal. Cailen's jealousy is evident at times but it's not nearly as bad as it was in the first couple of home coming days. I've even maintained somewhat of a clean house.... I actually feel like I'm healing much faster this time around. Thanks you Dr. Skory!

3 comments:

Keila said...

The wipes story is really cute!!! I'm glad life feels like it's shaping up for you! Maybe next week we'll get a chance to hang out?

Keila said...

Hey, I guess our next best chance to hang out will be tomorrow for frisbee, huh? Well, we'll catch up tonight or tomorrow at church and see what comes up!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I love the signing story! Awww....

I remember being impressed and surprised with how helpful Danielle was when Lana was a baby. And she still is very helpful! It is great that you are making notes of all the cute things that are happening- not only for the enjoyment of us who read it, but also so you can share it with the girls when they grow up. It is amazing how fast the time will go...