Thursday, October 16, 2008

an apology

for any of you who read my last blog, i sincerely hope i didn't offend you. i realize i made some strong statements. i admit this election has made me very uneasy about who will soon take office in our country. i want the country my children to grow up in to be the same if not better than the country i grew up in. from the looks of it it's not doing so well. it is obvious that after 8 years of pres. bush our country needs change. i just don't think that the change the very, eloquent sen. obama has in store is what we need as a country. of course this is only my opinion. on the flip side, i'm not sure mccain has what we need either. again this is my opinion.

you see i've seen people in our country say: 'i'm voting obama, he seems "cool". I haven't really paid attention to any of his policies though...' people are going to vote and they aren't even sure why they've chosen who they are voting for....the place i find myself in is that, i've had other people say to me "there are third party candidates???" "who's ron paul?" and "we can write people in?" people have told me "i haven't paid attention to this election, who should i vote for....?", etc...i sincerely do not in anyway think that any of my readers are ignorant of their own values and beliefs or their own political stances. i know you are all very intelligent people. please don't think my post was meant to belittle you or any of your beliefs in this election.

i guess my feeling was that in our society there is so much communication being done via the internet that, if anyone felt like me and wanted to start a chain reaction to tell people to research their options outside what the liberal media has bombarded us with, it could be an easy way to make some sort of difference....

of course we must also pray for this country and the future path it takes. i can't find my comfort in our gov't that is for sure, i do know that God is in control...forgive me for anything that may have offended you with my last post. i hope you go out and vote and vote whoever you believe will do a good job for this country, whether i agree with you or not, i do want you to vote and i respect your choice. if your conscience is to vote obama or mccain i will still respect you :) that is the beauty of our country, we have the freedom to our own opinion and the freedom to vote. please vote, and please forgive me if the last post offended you.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Hey Becky!
Just wanted you to know that you surprise me frequently--in a pleasant way--because there's so much I don't know about you and when I get a little peek I'm fascinated! I had no idea you had such strong political views and I love it! No offense taken here-I could learn a thing or two from you about it all, I think! Thanks for sharing those strong views-they help those of us with weaker ones to step it up a notch. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Becky you know what? Apparently Hannah reads your blog because the other day we were out together and she started asking me about what the Constitution Party was! I told her to come back and follow some of your links, so she was going to. Hey, you are you, and if you feel passionately about something it's helpful for the rest of us to hear about it. The Blog world can be tricky figuring out what we should talk about and what not, but I think your blog post wasn't offensive, just thought provoking!

Anonymous said...

it is your right to say what you feel and you do not need to apologize for that.. I think that your passion for your country and for your rights is great, and the fact that you want others to be aware of who they vote for and why is great. don't be sorry Becky.. you have helped me alot in understanding alot of this. and I love your passion!! :0)
Sue