Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Time Honored tradition we hold...








Don't you love when you make a friend that feels like an instant part of your family? For me that has been Kiersten from the very beginning of my brother's introduction of her to us. At first though, like many females, we had to size each other up...you know the "who- is- this- other- woman- territorial-ness." Would she break my brother's heart? Would I interfere with their relationship? You know how we women can get...

Once we got over that, we became very close, very quickly...somehow it's like I am an extension of my brother to her, she is like an extension of my bro to me, my bro is like an extension of....whatever. We have this intertwined friendship, but not too intertwined...that would be weird ;) We both adore my brother as crazy and exuberant as he may be at times. Maybe that's actually why we love him...

Kiersten is a very sentimental, "lets make everything special" kinda girl. Our first fall knowing her we went apple picking. I was pregnant with Cailen. We made an entire day of it, we set out to MAKE MEMORIES together. We made pies, went to Thatcher Park, did the hay ride/got pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch, etc...Sadly, since they've both started school it's been harder to make the whole day of it, but for the last three years we've at least gotten to go apple picking together. Kris was FINALLY able to join us this year. Somehow he was always working when we went before :(

Anyway, I love this tradition. I hope to someday soon be able to claim Kiersten as my own family member. She is such a wonderful, giving, caring person and friend. She already treats everyone in my family (including my babies) as her own family. I love her so much and I am so thankful that God has allowed her to spend these last 2 and a half years with us. Here's us on our new traditional apple pick of this season. Good times. :)

Kiersten, if you are reading this at work, you better not cry or they will find you out!! I love you my friend. You are very, very special to me and my whole family. These last couple of years would be drastically different without you. I hope to keep you as part of my family in the future. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky! These pictures are so sweet, and even more your words about Kiersten. May you all have many more happy years of apple picking together. That LOVE you ALL share my friend, is special indeed.

Anonymous said...

OF course I cried, I would hope you wouldn't expect anything less from me. I love you becks.

Anonymous said...

The pics are amazing! And so are your words to Kiersten. I am glad Kris was finally able to join you.