Because I live in New York and it will be swept by Democrat electoral votes, I have decided to vote my conscience this year. I don't really believe there is a lesser of two evils between Obama and McCain, they both have socialist agendas for a country that was once built to be a Republic. I will not vote McCain with any false notion that somehow this state will vote McCain in the electoral votes. It is a democratic state. It will vote democratic. I do not support McCain, so why vote for a man I do not agree with? Even though that's the American way. That is what we are led by our media to think, we think we must vote for one of two candidates or the lesser of two evils.
I am using my vote this year to say that I am tired of the unconstitutional agenda of both the Democratic and Republican parties. I was originally going to vote for Dr. Ron Paul (an OB/GYN who has delivered 4,000 babies) who ran in the primary as a republican to try to get on that ballot, but his stance is constitutionalist and/or liberitarian. Unfortunately he will not be on the ballot. He has endorsed a man who is a minister from Florida that is on the Constitutionalist party ticket and that man is Dr. Chuck Baldwin.
Back to Dr. Ron Paul, he is a congressman from Tx with an impeccable history of voting "no" for bills/legislation that are unconstitutional (Washington is not a big fan of him for this reason). His mission continues though at www.campaignforliberty.com Ron Paul is still on a mission to help us save this downward spiraling country's government policies, please check him out. He wants to dismantle the (non-governmental but big banker run) Federal Reserve and stop letting them make money out of thin air that isn't backed by anything. He wants to abolish the federal income tax, close and secure our borders, get us out of this unconstitutionally waged war, etc. Ask yourself why we are on the other side of the world to protect ourselves from terrorists, our National Guard is now in Iraq, and our borders are deliberately wide open....? How's that for tax dollars funding "homeland security"?
Back to Chuck Baldwin...him winning may be a stretch of the imagination obviously, but if you are looking for a way to vote your conscience, you may agree with what he has to say http://www.jbs.org/index.php/about/jbs-50th-anniversary . If you took the time to watch any of the debates, please take the time to watch this in it's entirety. There is also a Ron Paul speech on this same page. Dr. Baldwin's is 42 minutes long but worth watching and thinking about his message for the future of this country. If you agree with him and want to vote your conscience knowing your state will vote democrat, consider Dr. Baldwin. I'm being redundant I know sorry.
Knowing my state votes Democratic, I do this to send a message to my leaders that I am tired of them not protecting "We the People" and the Constitution that they swore an oath to protect and abide by. I'm not voting for him because he's a Christian, I am voting for him because he is a Constitutionalist. In his speech he even states that he would rather vote for a non-Christian who would uphold the Constitution and protect our religious freedoms, etc. than vote for someone who claims to be a Christian and does not protect our Constitutional rights including our religious freedoms. I don't think Obama or McCain fit either of those descriptions anyway.
In closing, I find it sad that in the USA there is even a need for a Constitutionalist party, but I acknowledge it is necessary, knowing how far the Republicans and Democrats have strayed from it.
1 comment:
There also may be Green Party, Right to Life, Independent Party candidates on the ballot. I don't think Americans should vote for anyone they haven't heard something about or believe in what they stand for...so if you don't like Obama, McCain, or even Chuck Baldwin (I'm not offended) consider voting what you believe in rather than begrudgingly the lesser of two evils IF that's how you are feeling this election season. But please, go out and exercise your right to vote! If you do think more people should know about Chuck Baldwin or another third party candidate (since Ron Paul left the running I haven't found one that I agree with more)consider posting the speech or some thoughts on your blog and tell your blog readers to do the same. Let's let our fellow Americans know that they can speak their minds in the polls even if they feel "their vote doesn't matter, because of the electoral college."
-becky
Post a Comment