I don't normally call Riley "Scooter" but I should. Although, Cailen did start crawling at 6 months, I do not remember her being as active as this little Ri Ri. She's been rolling over for about 2 months now, but she's constantly rolling onto her belly, getting up on all fours, lifting her buns in the air....and rolling/scooting across the room! With Cailen, before she could crawl I could lay her on her back and leave the room and come back to her in relatively the same place. With Riley it is not the same case.
We recently bought another small electric space heater that has tip over turn off protection and cool plastic walls, etc...relatively kid friendly. I laid Riley on the floor and was sitting next to her but I turned my back, the next thing I know she has rolled/scooted away from me and I hear Cailen saying "Momma, Baby hot! Momma, baby HOT." I turned around and Riley had put herself next to the heater and was laying there touching it. Thanks to the cool plastic shell she didn't get burned or seem to care that she was touching it, but my goodness! I can't trust this little girl. I am thankful for the wise older sister knowing enough to say something to me. That surprised and amazed me. Though I know I can't count on her to always notice danger (obviously.)
I can sit Riley on the floor with her legs in a diamond shape in front of her and she will "sit" up for a few seconds anyway before tipping over like a chopped tree. Timmmberrrr!
This morning was the shocker though, she chomped onto my finger like usual only today, there was a pointy little tooth sinking into my finger! How is my baby growing so fast??
1 comment:
Wow!!! She is growing soo fast!! I guess my newborn will put everything into perspective in my mind and I'll stop thinking of her as a newborn!
Post a Comment