Monday, May 26, 2008

My Anniversary

Happy Memorial Day.
Well, I'm now two days past due. Doing the usual waiting game with labor. I suspect nothing will happen today in that regard, so we are planning to have our annual "anniversary" picnic with Ryan and Kiersten. (though normally, they aren't part of the annual celebration) Yesterday marked 7 wonderful years of me and Kris being married. Our tradition is to have a picnic... it's so much cheaper than going out.

Yesterday was church, packing to stay with my mom, catching up on naps and frisbee so we didn't schedule our picnic then. It was nice though because Keila had an extra lasagna to bring over for after frisbee and what I thought would be a little dinner with her family and ours exploded into some 16 people in my house having dinner. It was spontaneous and unexpected initially, and of course my house, which was all in order and ready to be left for a week or so.... ready to be looked at by realtors while we were gone, had suddenly vomited all over itself. Toys, dishes, and what I forgot to expect from a houseful of people who just played frisbee-- GRASS! I was feeling a little stessed out, since I thought Kris was going to need to leave right when everyone else did so he could watch the rest of the Laker's game at my mom's; and all I wanted to do is apologize to my house and pay restitution for the mess. Fortunately, Keila helped me get the grass swept, the dishes in the dish washer and the toys cleaned up with only a minor head injury for Ben. (Sorry about that shelf on the wall!) About five minutes after everyone left, my car was being packed up, I ran my last load of laundry in the dryer and a full load of dishes in the washer. The grass was swept and my house was sitting pretty again. But after my unnecessary stress, I found it was really nice to have a spontaneous dinner party on my anniversary, especially one I didn't have to cook! Thanks for the company everyone and thanks so much for the food and help with clean up Keila!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say happy anniversary and that your wedding was the BEST that I have EVER gone to..has it been 7 years already?? I am so glad that you had a wonderful day and looking forward to hearing the good news about your new little one!!! Love ya
Sue