Thursday, May 08, 2008

This one is for you Keila...

Apparently people still stop by this site from time to time.... and I've had a request from Keila for an update on "at least the background" because the wintery one I had was making Keila feel cold. So here I am, wishing that facebook was a better site for this type of blogging, but alas it's not. Facebook just seems to get more traffic from people I know than this site does. Hence, my neglect of this one... If I don't see comments for a long time, I assume it has been abandoned by it's readers as much as it's writer.

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting to see the face of my new baby. Somewhere around the next 16 days I know I will. In the mean time I have to remind myself to slow down and appreciate the time I have alone with Cailen and the time I have for mostly uninterupted sleep. My bags are packed... Cailen's stuff has already arrived at Grammy's house. Our name has been picked out, I think we just need to finalize the spelling. As usual Kris's preferrence may win because I have a hard time trusting my own judgement on naming another human being.... It's pretty nerve racking stuff. I think Cailen is going to love her baby sister, it's just the sharing me part that may be her biggest challenge. Fortunately, Cailen is branching out and becoming comfortable with new people or at least those she has shunned for the last 17 months of her life. Like Dwight on THE OFFICE she has gone from "Shun" to "Unshun" hopefully she won't recycle the shun part.

Today at the park, Cailen fell on the slide and her little top fang peirced her bottom lip. I thought, actually, her nose would have been damaged more than the lip... So, the lip bled, now has room for a 14 gauge lip peircing in it, (*wink*) but she didn't cry for more than 30 seconds and then she busted away from me and was back on the slide... What a trooper!

Well, that's my update... I never really know what to say anymore... by the way, my gut it uncomfortable.... contraction? Who knows.. I never really do. Ouch.... Well, I'll keep you posted on this new baby...

6 comments:

Keila said...

Thank you, Becky!!! Very, very grateful for the update! ...and the personal mention... he,he... Well, here I am, counting your contractions!!! Love'ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating.. I am one who is a reader of your Blog.. kudos to Kelia to get you to update!!! :0)
Can't wait to see the little one!!!!! Love Ya!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky, Really glad you updated too.. Hope all is well!! Kristi

Jacqs said...

Happy Mom's Day ... hope the arrival of beautiful girl #2 goes as smoothly as possible! I'm praying for you all!

Keila said...

Does it count if I leave you more comments?

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked this site for a while because you told me you were now a "facebooker" But I saw Chris looking here and realized how much I have missed! Thanks for the updates..I really prefer this format over face book!