Our picnic ended up in Collin's Park. The three non-pregnant adults played a little frisbee, while I held Cailen for her whoppin' 15 minute nap for the afternoon. We ate, Cailen's been picky with food lately so she mostly tried out the park's dirt or something...by the time she opened her mouth making a noise to tell me she'd like to rinse her mouth out, all I could find was dirt crumbs. We went over to the park area where Cailen rode the swings for literally about an hour. Every time we'd ask if she was done she'd sign "Please, more, and the sign she uses for swing" The sign she uses for "swing" is to flap her hands like a birdy because she's flying in the swing. Need I explain more?
On the way out of the park, we had to, of course, hit jumpin' jacks for some soft serve ice cream. Yummy. When we got home we hung out in the back yard, but soon Cailen figured out that a 15 minute nap for the day wasn't enough. She fell asleep at 5pm...woke at 6:15pm. Probably too soon for her own sanity and mine. She woke up very cranky and only wanted me to hold her. By 7:30pm Kris and I thought it was time to try walking me into labor again.... Cailen cried on and off the whole walk. The problem was, I couldn't carry her because I could hardly walk. My syatic nerve kept giving me a charlie horse in my buttock. So, I'm going around the neighborhood limping and using Keila's advice to "spank" myself to get then nerve to unlock...which worked to some degree but looked ridiculous in public. Cailen was screaming in her umbroller and Kris is getting a back ache, hunched over trying to push our umbroller of midget proportions. We were all quite a site. Needless to say, it wasn't the most pleasant walk I've taken to date. I thought I was having some contractions when we got home, but they went away... of course.
1 comment:
Aw, I miss the days of baby signs! I was always amazed at what they could communicate and understand at such a young age.
Post a Comment