Sunday, July 13, 2008

A cute aftermath and a beautiful surprise





Today was Kris's birthday and in addition to his b'day cards and gifts of sorts, we were given the prettiest baby quilt I have ever seen, made by our awesome niece Rachael. For our wedding present we were given an awesome quilt by his sister and later Rachael made us a pillow to match it. We were impressed because she was quite young at the time. When Cailen was born, Rachael made us a quilt and pillow for her crib. We loved it and I still marvel at it. Now Rachael made one for Riley and I must say the colors are so beautiful and soft on the eyes. This quilt is just so beautiful I can't believe it and I am so grateful for it...What I haven't mentioned is that Rachael is only (I'm guessing) eleven at the oldest....? Awesome, awesome, awesome, this gift really made my day. At the hospital, Rachael brought a basket of baby toiletries and rubber duckies and a hand made card saying that a better gift was on the way. I hoped it was another quilt. I didn't want to assume, but I really, really, really wanted another one of her hand made quilts... I couldn't believe she had it done already. She's amazing. We love her. Thanks Rachael!

Late last night both babies fell asleep on me...too much fun in the sun.

2 comments:

Keila said...

How beautiful!!! Any chance she'll want to adopt this family and make us pretty quilts too? You are so blessed on both ends! Your Mom with the knitting and you nieces with the quilts!!! Now I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

The colors and pattern of the quilt are very similar to a crib set I saw in a rediculously expensive catalog I was looking through when pregnant with Danielle! WOW! That is a beautiful gift.