Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tryin' to butter me up for a bath?




I was cooking dinner this evening and had a veggie platter, some utensils, a new stick of butter, etc. out on the counter. Cailen was wandering around doing her own thing. At some point I heard the trash can lid close, so I told her to come away from the trash can. I continued to hold Riley and do my last minute cooking and when I turned around I noticed Cailen playing with something. Earlier she had her play dough out, but this was yellow and slimey...my stick of butter! (she was throwing away the butter wrapper earlier, destroying the evidence.....how thoughtful and neat freakish(?) of her) and her warm little hands were melting it...all over! I usually buy generic but kiersten bought this and it was name brand Cabot butter...(how wasteful) So I called Kris (the clean up crew) and grabbed the camera...after dinner figured might as well let her play in the pool and then it was bath time for both...Ri Ri got hiccups and was less than thrilled with the occasion. I haven't taken any (?) bath pics of Ri yet, so despite the tears, I had to take this shot. Sorry Ri. Cailen looked guilty even after her bath didn't she?

3 comments:

Keila said...

Fun times and fun memories!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so funny! Sophie is into everything too. I think if I found her in butter, my response would not have been as relaxed as yours :) But what a great memory!

Anonymous said...

just to be clear....(and yes this is important enough for me to comment)...Ryan picked out the kind of butter I would hope you wouldnt expect such a waste of money from me :-)