Thursday, July 24, 2008

mom things:

  • why is it that if I make a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo for Cailen I think it's an okay lunch, but if she eats the whole thing as separate pieces... a little piece of ham, a little square of cheese and a piece of bread with mayo on it I feel like it's not a substantial meal...(I did try to get her to eat a banana too, but that's besides the point) Is anyone weird like me? Does a disassembled sandwich feel like your kid is merely picking for lunch instead of eating? How bizarre... I gotta get over this.
  • I love washing baby clothes. This time I tried to save myself the pre-treat stage by filling the whole washer with warm water and 3 scoops of oxy clean, I was going to let everything soak overnight. I went to check a couple hours later, and apparently I let the washer sit wrong. I left the lid open thinking it would fill and then stop, but it drained on me!! Now, I had a whole load of wet, unscrubbed stained baby clothes... and only ONE more scoop of oxy clean!! So I used that w/ detergent, soaked it, sent the cycle through and had to pick through and see what could be dried without rewashing. I had to rewash/scrub a few things, but the good news is that a dress that had an age old stain on it is suddenly stainless! Woohoo. Well, I just scrubbed ALL of my laundry, unfortunately there was a second load. My fingertips are blistered and I still need more oxy or pretreater or both, but the initial dish soap step is done (because the babies are sleeping!) I have a rack of wet laundry drying and waiting to be rewashed... I don't usually do things this way... Oh, the greasy butter stain came out of Cailen's shirt.... but the blue Oxy clean streaks that I got on that shirt are still there... If oxy clean gets almost anything out... what gets oxyclean stains out???????
  • I'm blogging about ham sandwiches, laundry and stains...I better get a life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky...I love oxyclean (I get the generic stuff) but you soak? Wow. You are a laundry queen! :)

104 fever. Yikes. Hannah had one that high before and I gave her a cool bath to bring her temp down. It sounds like you managed!

Thanks for your prayers.