Monday, July 07, 2008
On the Joov.
well, we have our new Joovy double stroller. i wasn't sure how it was going to work after a walk w/ my mom turned into each of us carrying a baby & my mom pushing an empty double stroller. so i hypothesized that the best time of the day to go for a walk is after breakfast when Riley is still sleepy (if she notices she's in her car seat she screams!) and long before Cailen needs a nap because when she's sleepy she NEEDS me to hold her whether I can or not. Cailen was very emotional about everything under the sun this morning (i asked myself if puberty at 19 months was possible) and so I didn't think a walk would be possible, but once Riley fell back to sleep and Cailen was happy again I gave it a shot, and it worked! (I realize my sentences are running on, forgive my grammar, I only have so much time to type here people!) We took a nice long walk, when Cailen got tired of standing she gestured for me to hold her but somehow I convinced her to sit in on the bench seat and strapped her in without protest... I got to walk as far as I was energetic enough to go in the warm sun....So we got home, Riley was still asleep and Cailen just sat in the stroller, I walked away to make her some lunch because her emotional morning included refusing breakfast... I came back to check on her... still sitting in the stroller. Gesturing to wear her elmo hat again and signing please. "You want to go for another walk?" "A smile with an afirmative "Hmmm." was the answer. So I walked almost the entire walk all over again. I was spent. Riley was still sleeping and Cailen, when we got home, still sat signing please for a 3rd walk.....hopefully i will be able to enjoy the weather, some exercise and not feel like i wasted my money,yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad Cailen and Riley have accepted the stroller!
Post a Comment