Finding Nemo is currently the top of Cailen's list of movies...I have seen it waaaaaay too many times. Because the majority of the movie is Nemo's dad trying to find Nemo she calls the movie "Daddy"...she calls "Dori" - "Mommy."
Reality of the beginning of the movie is that Nemo's parents get a new "house" the anemone and have a few hundred eggs...The wife Coral leaves the anemone (I think this is when this happens) and is faced with a huge vicious fish. She freezes in fear and looks down at her eggs, frozen, looks down, she hurries to try to save her babies, the fish gets her, "Daddy" is knocked unconscious, when he comes to he starts to cry out "Coral!? Coral!?" He can't find his wife because the fish ate her and all the eggs except one. Then he finds his only living family member NEMO as a little round, red, clear egg with a huge eye ball staring out.
Cailen's Story Line: Daddy comes to and starts to call out for Coral; Cailen starts saying "where'd ya go Cor-La? where'd ya go Cor-La?" when the Daddy finds the little egg with Nemo and his big eye ball shining through, Cailen says with confidence and resolution for the situation: "CorLa! A baby -ah ball. Corla." Soooooo, I guess she thinks Nemo as an egg is Coral that the Daddy was calling out/looking for...Woops.
I guess it's better she thinks that for now so she doesn't have to dwell on the fact that the Mommy is gone with the rest of her babies. I just thought Cailen's take on it was cute...and so innocent.
The other movie Cailen's taken a liking to is Cars. Currently she calls most moving vehicles "choo choo" as she does the train that she can see going by in our kitchen window. So when she requests this movie it's "Ah Choo Choo?"
Yesterday I took her to McD's for lunch because we were supposed to be showing the house (they didn't show up.) We never go there so she's not familiar with the model train they have circling overhead there and all the train decorations they have. I pointed out to her the "choo choo" overhead as it was leaving for the other section of the restaurant and she quickly signed please and said "geezhj, choo choo? gheezhj?" that g-word is my attempt to spell how he tries to say please. Every time the train went by she'd sign please and ask for it again. Everytime. It was cute. It was also fun to be not just out of the house but somewhere! I wish I had a car during the day.
The supposed house showing was during naptime so after McD's we came home, played on the porch, played in the back threw some dirt in her hair, took a bath and watched "Choo Choo" and she fell asleep on the couch. Hence the pictures....
No comments:
Post a Comment