Thursday, September 18, 2008

My little one is 3 1/2 months old....


a
It's amazing to see Riley have a sense of humor already. The other day Kris and Cailen were carrying on, laughing just to laugh and have fun watching each other laugh...dramatically...and while I was nursing Riley she was so distracted by their laughter she kept looking up at me laughing...She could not focus on nursing while Kris and Cailen were laughing. It was so cute to see that though she was doing her own thing and wasn't even watching them, Riley was taken by their laughter and had to join in. As long as they laughed, so did she. My job of nursing the hungry baby was put on hold... So silly. What gets me is that Riley really JUST started laughing much at all this week, and she already knows the context in which is belongs...

I've never been one to say "Oh my gosh your dimples are SO cute!" I never really understood the big deal. Now that I have a baby with chubby cheeks that are dimpled, even when I can't see her mouth, if I see that dimple appear I KNOW she is smiling at me. I love my baby's dimples. I get it now.

Lately, when we drive home at night Cailen has a mission to find the moon everywhere we go...She says "Where'd ya go moon?" while bobbing the appropriate "where did it go" hand gesture up and down..She searches, she finds, then she exclaims "there you go moon!" until the car turns and she has to find it again. Last night she was done with that little mission when she threw her hands over her eyes and said "Cayhnah?... Where'd you go Cayhnah?...." Then she took her hands off of her eyes and said "Cayhnah!" (She hasn't mastered the pronunciation of Cailen yet.) We clapped for her. She repeated the game of peek-a-boo but added one step to it..clapping for herself too....She melts me sometimes, she's so stinkin' cute.

2 comments:

Keila said...

In this picture, Riley looks like you!!! I don´t think I would´ve notice the resemblance, were it not for the closeness of Cailen´s picture, maybe that made it stand out more!

Anonymous said...

Aw! Sweet story!