Well, it seems fall is here. The time of the year I love to soak in. Every color and flavor, every scent and texture, every spice and every flower, the crunch of leaves and the crispness in the air... I've bought mums for my porch. I've been brewing coffee instead of making instant iced coffee...I've been wearing socks and sweaters...I've wished that I, like the babies, had a nice warm pair of footed jammies (at least to snuggle up on the couch with). I've been contemplating baking but not wanting to eat it all myself...so I refrain. We already have the space heater out. We intend on buying a few more or at least a couple more space heaters. The goal this fall is NOT to turn on the house heat for as long as possible because I can't stomach the OIL bill that will come. Last year we turned it on low in October because it was cold and well, we had a baby...this year we are going to leave it off as long as possible because well, we have two babies...so we will try to maintain a warm environment other ways if necessary.
We put this house on the market almost a year ago and unless we have a miracle this fall, we will inevitably be here for another winter. I have to be creative with the ways we will keep this huge, drafty old oil heated house warm enough to live without having the cost overtake us. I also have to have faith. God has provided for us so many times in the past for so many things. I need to remember HIS promises and believe that HE will again come through for us. Regardless of the stock market. Regardless of the economy. Regardless of the price of OIL. My faith is in HIM, not in my credit card...my credit card may have helped pay the oil last year but it's still following me around asking for me to pay it back...God's love and provision doesn't charge interest and have late fees. He just wants us. He wants our love and commitment to HIM. I will find peace in HIM not in my credit card this winter. He will make a way for us and for you.
1 comment:
Yes indeed Becky. I'm sure you will find ways to keep cozy. Has Cailen seen the big orange moon in the sky? It was so huge last night!
Post a Comment