
Here she is! The birthday girl. 85 years young. She is a wonderful, loving great-grandmother of....eleven great-grandchildren? She was told that we were all going to my Aunt Pat's house but really we threw her a bit of a surprise party at the place where she lives. She's pretty keen on details though, she started thinking something was up when her sister and kids hadn't mailed b'day cards to her yet....She said she has had a hunch, on and off, for a couple of weeks. Nothing gets by her!! :)
We gave her a lei of flowers to make her look more festive. She wondered if that meant she was supposed to do the hula dance or not... She seems to be pretty popular because she had lots of friends show up to our party. There were plenty of nice gifts and cards. I think one of her favorites was a pair of Crocs! I have never seen someone so excited to get a pair of shoes! I guess they are comfortable...I have no clue, I've never tried a pair on.
We made up a scrapbook of our kids, using the digital software on ritzpix.com. I hope she likes it! She didn't have a chance to look at/read all the pages while we were there. (but it made my mom get a little emotional so I'm pretty sure it's good.)
My kids kept eye balling the cake all afternoon....It seems Riley already recognizes my decorated cakes as FOOD! I had trouble keeping her away from the cake. She kept fighting me to get at it saying "NUMMY!!" So, we put the lid on it.
Originally I was just going to use my macro function lene to take a picture of her hands holding the card, but then her cute smiling face entered the frame. I had to take this picture below. I thought it looked cool in black and white.

Here I am with my awesome Grandma. The writing on the cake started to lose it's color so I wasn't too worried about keeping the color for the picture. It was nice to see her and to be part of her special day, surrounded by friends and family who love her. Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments:
Post a Comment