Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Riley

My baby is ONE Year old!!! Take a second and compare this picture with the one of me holding her on the left as a newborn. My how she's grown!! And when I brought her home from the hospital I swore she'd never seem small to me in that picture. :(

I can't believe it's here already, but to sweeten the sadness of my baby being a whoppin' 1 year old we HAD to have a great party! I put my energy into the theme, using my own existing artwork and I made a fondant cake to go along with it. I can't take credit for the oreo sunflower cupcakes with red m&m blady bugs...That idea came from Julie McOrmond's Upper Crust Bakery. http://www.uppercrustcakes.com It was a great day for me, less stressful than I anticipated. People who have been coming to Cailen's parties are now becoming "party acquaintances" so socially it seemed to flow very nicely this time around. I always spend my mental time worrying about the guests that don't know anyone but I'm usually too overwhelmed to do anything constructive about it. I really had a very happy day celebrating my little Chumby. My theme was "A Ladybug's Picnic." I found wings at the dollar store and Melody helped me make the antennas. Melody also helped watch Cailen while Riley slept so I could make that cake by the light of day instead of at 3am. Thanks Melody!!!

I always know when I've done something good when people like Keila walk into the party and say kind words like "I officially hate you." :D Hahaha...sigh...It seems as though you say that at every party Keila...I love you too! :P

I also managed to do favors/an art project. Cailen was so proud of hers she took it to the fridge and hung it up by herself. I thought that was cute. I loved the fact that most of the kids were willing to dress up :) It was also very cool because people bought great gifts that went with the theme of the party. We are all enjoying the new toys, books/puzzles and clothes. Everything was awesome. Including my friends and family. :) My mom bought Riley a little tykes car and Cailen a tricycle! Yeeha! Thanks Mom. :) I think Cailen felt like it was her party too, even though she is well aware of what is Riley's. Cailen had a blast and for me, that was very rewarding. Someday, Riley will know too how cool my parties are ;)


Random side note: I thought this was a great idea as I'm always chucking broken crayons. :) Check out the rest of this blog she's got great ideas :)

http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-recycle-old-crayons-into-new.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great party, and even better because it had the "Becky Stamp of Artistry & Originality" all over it. :)
I feel so over-appreciated for what little I did, but you're very welcome!
~Melody