Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

The other day I saw a faint rainbow and tried to show it to Cailen. She just couldn't seem to find it. For the next few days she kept sulking "I wanna see the rainbow Mommy....I wanna see it." Sadly, I kept having to tell her that it was all gone. I have learned the recipe over the years for a rainbow sky. Generally I find them if the east is dark and it's sunny overhead around 6-7pm. Tonight it was that way but it had NOT rained here yet. (I had a friend have her car destroyed by lightning before it rained, so I guess anything is possible!)

I kept looking but wasn't quite sure I'd find one. Not wanting Cailen to get her hopes up, I didn't mention this to her. I was just watching Riley and cleaning up some toys to go inside when Cailen suddenly stood up and exclaimed "Mommy I found a rainbow!" Sure enough, in the dark eastern sky there was a giant bright rainbow. We ran in the house to get my camera. We ran out. It had no memory card in it!! We ran back in! Got the card. Cailen said something along the lines of "we're doing so much running!!" :) I also got my video camera....I took some pictures. Cailen did NOT want to be in the picture as much as I wanted her to be.

Perhaps the rainbow shorts she was wearing were just too much for her!! :) As I was going to go inside because it was FINALLY raining, I looked back to see the rainbow it's brightest by the fire station's flag.

I ran over, in the rain, with my camera to get these shots. I am happy that I did. It was kind of cool. :)



Also, on my video I asked Cailen "Cailen what did you find?" She had just leaned over to pick something up. She answered "I found a rock!" and showed the camera....That's not exactly what I was looking for, but funny nonetheless! :)

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oh Becky, what a gift!

Jenn said...

I love rainbows... it is a reminder of God's grace and so many blessings that we have.... I have a rainbow story... that I will share some day

Maureen said...

Wow...LOVE those shots with the flag. Surely you could submit them to some magazine--Andrew gets more and more jealous of your amazing camera every time he looks at your pics! You have a gift.