
We had been invited to go strawberry picking on Sunday afternoon with friends. Unfortunately, they got held up with some preliminary plans and weren't able to get to the patch before it was going to close, at least not without rushing through what was supposed to be a leisure activity! So we had gone to church prepared to pick strawberries afterward. I kept and washed recycled strawberry containers (of which we've been eating a lot!) and brought them to store our pickings. It was the perfect weather, though in the sun a bit hot. We had fun and brought uncle Ryan as a substitute for our family of friends. The strawberries were the best I've had in years. I forgot since childhood that picking them fresh meant they would be WARM by the sun, succulent, juicy and leave us with red slimey, sweet faces. I was almost afraid there would be an extra $5 charge per red face that left the patch! Woops. It was really to keep the kids from tasting these ruby red wonders before we left. Who could blame them? Or...me? :)






1 comment:
all I can say is beautiful
Post a Comment