When squatting to take this shot Riley got excited as usual and toppled me to the ground....My poor garden. I was so determined at the beginning of spring that somewhere, somehow I would have a full fledged garden. Well this is as far as we got. When Kris mows the lawn he goes around it. Weeds have blanketed the pots. The cool weather, party cleaning and planning kept us in doors. The sand box, bubbles, trike and car have given us other things to do...Today though, we gave our plants a little tlc. Watered and rearranged. Abandoned the pots that were too parched and then too soaked that never got to experience life in our yard.. *sniff sniff so sad* Here's the cleaned up version of our garden. I should plant in the ground soon huh?

I was taking a picture of these beauties that survived the lawn mowing. I zoomed in to take a shot of one and Riley decided that was the one she wanted to pick. How perfect for me! It also reminded me that Cailen loved the dandelions that were springing up all over the yard. When Kris mows she gives him her most accusing voice and scrunched face and lays on the guilt "Daddy you broke my flowers down!! " Ahhh, so funny. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment