Monday, June 08, 2009

Little girls in the grass.

After church the girls ran around on the hill. They all looked so pretty and I was armed with my camera as I had two parties to attend later on. So naturally I got the new Canon 20D snap snapping away. I am loving it. As you can tell, my blog has been getting updated faaaaar more often ;) I am also doing a few different "photo shoots" this summer, for an engagement, a weight loss "after", a wedding, a family, etc...So I need to play with my new camera. What better way to practice than on a sunny day at church with my little Cailen and her best buddies?

Cailen revs up and is ready to go burn off some fun energy. She's famous for saying something along the lines of "You catta goth me!!" I think it's a cross between "you've gotta get me" and "you can't catch me."

The girls chased each other around the trees and played "ring around the rosies." At some point while she played Cailen, started belting out to herself in her sweetest most cracking voice "Keep trying and trying until we get it right..." The other girls paid no attention. I found it so endearing...

Inevitably when the girls are together, their imaginations switch on. Lately they have been playing Elena is the mommy and the others are sick and lay around coughing a lot.

So it looks like Elena is hugging Cailen but she's actually tipping over while trying to pick her up as every good mommy would try to do for their sick child. *cough cough*

Next they ventured off to pick "berries" from the pine tree and pretend it was food to eat. Perhaps the natural remedies would help their illnesses....

I was trying to take a macro shot of the church flowers and suddenly Cailen picked one. Oops! So here she is savoring this stolen little, pretty treasure.

I love this one of Cailen standing with her back to me, picking at her flower.

Adriana or "Jyana" as Cailen calls her sits patiently waiting for someone to sit with her.

And there she is, Cailen to the rescue! Friends. Enjoying the sunshine together. If only they knew just how simple their lives were. *sigh*

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love the pics and the more frequent updates :) Looking forward to my photo shoot as well :) great job.. and all the girls are just BEAUTIFUL!!